Gifts That Make an Impact Now
Learn about the ways you can help individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities thrive.
Many gifts have benefits for you and your loves ones too!
Recommend a grant now from your donor-advised fund
IRA Charitable Rollover
You can transfer funds from your IRA directly to Bethesda. This is an effective way to have an immediate impact and ensure our work of helping people with disabilities live lives filled with choice, dignity, limitless potential and faith. Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70 ½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to Bethesda.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to Bethesda so it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
- If you are 72 and older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution* from your IRA.
If you’re interested in this popular way to support Bethesda, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.
*In response to COVID-19, Congress has waived the annual Required Minimum Distribution from an IRA Account for the year 2020.
Memorial or Tribute Gift
When you give a memorial or tribute gift for Bethesda to honor someone special, you’re expressing your love, admiration, and gratitude in one of the most meaningful ways there is. Your gift will honor your loved one, create a lasting tribute, and serve men and women through Bethesda’s compassionate care, resources and communities.
Gifts of Securities
You can use stocks, bonds, and mutual funds that have appreciated in value to support our shared vision. You may receive a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value of the stock (up to a maximum of 30% of your adjusted gross income) and avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the value of the stock.
A donation of cash is the most direct way to support Bethesda. You benefit from a charitable tax credit while taking positive action to educate, advocate for and empower people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. You can make your gift online with our Donate Now form or by sending a check or money order by mail to:
Bethesda Lutheran Communities Inc.
600 Hoffmann Drive
Watertown, WI 53094
If you’re sending a check or money order, please let us know if you would like your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
Charitable Lead Trust
With this option, you can reduce or eliminate gift or estate taxes, transfer some of your assets to your heirs, and create your legacy with Bethesda. You’ll receive a gift or estate tax deduction at the time of your gift, and after a period of time your heirs will receive the trust assets as well as any increase in value.
- Reduce gift or estate taxes.
- Transfer assets to your heirs at reduced or no cost.
- The trust makes annual contributions to Bethesda Lutheran Communities to help the people we support.